Becoming a fully engaged enterprise in today’s social world isn’t about creating a “social media strategy.” It is a journey defined by stages of operational maturity, milestones, and ultimately, a destination. The successful journey requires practitioner experience, pragmatism – and perseverance. But the payoff is immense. email
Tag Archives | social business
In any organization today, the journey to becoming (or maturing into) a truly social business is staggering. It’s like steering a giant ship, slow and steady. Too often, my frustrations in not being able to turn that ship on a dime mask the awesomesauce that’s happening all over the company. Here are three FOLLOW FRIDAY [...]
How are you bringing content to market? Think you have a good idea of who your influencers are? How your most effective advocates are spreading your gospel? I challenge you to think again about how you’re engaging these voices. Or more simply, is your message being heard by the people who want to hear it? [...]
Brand management. Crisis communications. Support. Competitive intelligence. Share of voice. Lead generation. Social media metrics. Thought leadership. Driving influence. Voice of customer. What are these topics? And why should you care?
I’m part of an exciting new trend in enterprise social media… monitization. Social practitioners know the value the medium drives for a business. We at EMC are making it happen, showing the power of every tweet and blog comment can have on our bottom line.
As EMC embarks on it’s next social journey, I have the unique honor of seeing the flight plan as it’s being developed. I’m the wise old owl perched atop a building watching the world go by. I listen.
Here’s a neat infographic highlighting important aspects of the “social business.” I share it ‘cuz it provides a good snapshot of what’s what. Full disclosure… this infographic is marketing a book — Smart Business, Social Business — in chapter 12 of which EMC social media is featured as a case study. I only this moment [...]
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @KeithPaul on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- 4 Ways to Enhance SEO with Social Listening January 11, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- This is your Drupal dream job August 14, 2013
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- sqiarbi: SQIAR (http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/t...
- The Social Customer Manifesto | Talking ’bout my motivation: […] a request for further information, or it...
- To Engage Customers, You Need to Inform, Connect and Motivate | Total Web Design: […] for further information, or it can be a ...
- jpruohisto: We have been developing a model and tool for swarm...
- Study shows 85% of social media marketing spend is wasted | Inside Swipp: […] (likes, followers, etc.) and not enough ...