Vegas. Maroon5. Tons of EMC face-melting tranformations! What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, our completely-caffeinated big data Bloggers’ Lounge! There’s one way to find out… Join us for EMC World 2012 this May, Vegas-style. email
Tag Archives | blogging
In recent weeks, we’ve seen commentary predicting the decline of corporate blogging. Or more specifically, that there seems to be less value and fewer hours to commit to the activity.
Jeremiah Owyang (@jowyang) sent shockwaves into the blogosphere last week with his blog commentary on the decline of tech blogging, or more specifically, the “golden age of tech blogging is ending.” There’s a bit of reaction out there on other blogs and by some folks reacting on Twitter without actually having read the article.
I don’t think this idea can be stated enough. 2011 saw a lot of new conversations and thought-leadership around Big Data. I sit at perhaps one of the most exciting intersections of social media and big data: E-M-C.
Update on this blog… Somehow the database got fubar’d, effectively zapping the user and post tables. Oops. No one could read, and I couldn’t log in to troubleshoot.
I can *feel* some of my social media engagement teammates rolling their eyes with me advocating yet another opportunity for B2B social marketeers to spread across the social sphere.
It’s been a very interesting 12 social media months here at EMC. The company has taken major steps forward in bring social to every corner of our business.
Within the next 2-3 years, it’s my wish to see social media integrated into the day-to-day of each and every EMCer—just like email has come to be.
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @KeithPaul on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- 4 Ways to Enhance SEO with Social Listening January 11, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- This is your Drupal dream job August 14, 2013
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- sqiarbi: SQIAR (http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/t...
- The Social Customer Manifesto | Talking ’bout my motivation: […] a request for further information, or it...
- To Engage Customers, You Need to Inform, Connect and Motivate | Total Web Design: […] for further information, or it can be a ...
- jpruohisto: We have been developing a model and tool for swarm...
- Study shows 85% of social media marketing spend is wasted | Inside Swipp: […] (likes, followers, etc.) and not enough ...