There are a few social media monitoring tools out there these days. You get the basics out of tools like Facebook’s Insights or LinkedIn’s company page statistics. There’s a variety of good tools from many vendors offering more than the basics. And then there’s some being bought up by the likes of IBM, Cisco and Oracle. [...]
Archive | Tools RSS feed for this section
Ever wonder where those fun Twitter hashtags started? Here’s a jazzy video lesson on the history of the hashtag from Paul Nowell a/k/a the @JazzTrombonist.
I heard this quote a while back and it’s stuck with me: Twitter is not a micro-blogging service; it’s a macro-listening service Not that this quote has any particular poetic value, but that it completely and correctly characterizes how Twitter can be used at the center of your social business strategy.
Great read from @WBJournal on the successes and challenges of building efforts and culture around corporate social media.
Not sure this is entirely true. Gamer? Where’s it getting that? Well, historically accurate as that looks like an original NES controller. Ahhh… hours and hours of Zelda back in the day.
Ever wonder what all the symbols are in all those tweets? Twitter uses a few different symbols to achieve certain results for its users. Here’s a quick guide to these common symbols, but a simple way to remember is this: @ refers to Twitter accounts and # refers to topics.
People like stuff. We like to count how much of it we have. It’s even viewed in certain circles as a measure of success. Back in the early days of the web, everyone had a hit counter at the bottom of their homepage. We shamelessly clicked ‘reload’ to make our sites seem more popular.
What are your customers saying about you? Your market? Listening and engagement is becoming a critical piece of the marketing mix. It affects everything from the sales funnel to customer support to media-mix modeling. Social media is the key to your digital strategy. Start those engines
An occasional mind meld of all things social analytic. Smart folks from across the org stuffed themselves into a room and joined online to discuss how social analytics plays a huge role in how @EMCcorp does social. We had fun.
My dog has a head for social listening. She does. If little Ella could talk or type, she’d be a listening champion.
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @kemipa on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- Content + Social = Leads March 25, 2012
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- It seriously is all about your content [INFOGRAPHIC] January 27, 2013
- Lauren Clarke Bennett: I just saw him at the Boca Raton Resort on Tuesd...
- The Hashtag: A Symbol of Social Media | Justice for Journalists: [...] A humorous example of how online social medi...
- kemipa: mjbrender Thx Matt!...
- Tyronelwtfl: kemipa http://t.co/4XGSlEv12J12J...
- DanisaurusRex: That link doesn't say anything about Adam Sandler...