Social media can be a great meeting place for businesses and their customers. If you’ve been paying attention to the social space lately, you’ll see a common thread: companies trying to figure out how to connect with customers (and potential customers!). email
Archive | SocialCRM RSS feed for this section
Setting the stage to do social well in any organization is no small feat. Setting the stage inside a mature company that’s largely new to marketing is yet another. I have a dual mandate here at Rocket, both daunting and exhilarating. First things first… I’m tasked with fixing a broken online presence. Our web site [...]
Thought leadership. Networking. Customer insight. Industry trends. These are just a few reasons. See more in this infographic from CEO.com.
If 2010 was the year to go social, 2011 the year to engage and 2012 the year to analyze your social activity, then 2013 must be the year to make all that work and investment actionable. I give you “native advertising.”
Social media adoption remains a hot topic with the business crowd. While larger companies like IBM, Oracle and EMC are doing well in extending customer interactions into the social space, others are just getting started.
ROI eludes many folks in the social media space. Not because social marketeers aren’t able to, it’s just damn difficult to assign cause and effect to a very organic and often nebulous activity.
There’s a lot of buzz in social media circles about what to do with influencers once you find them. Whether a blogger, tweep or a YouTube star, these influencers offer you much more ACTION than you might guess.
Planning a “social selling” strategy? I bet you’re already doing it. Here’s why. (Be sure to read through the end for a special bonus tip!)
UPDATED – It’s time for another round-up of interesting players in the social business space. Let’s focus on the varied and interesting listening-related startups out there, each taking a unique spin on how to leverage social media engagements. If your über-cool tool isn’t mentioned here, then by all means, give yourself a shout in comments [...]
I do a lot of talking on this blog, hoping it’s useful to you. I’m curious, though… what questions do you have about social engagement, listening or analytics?
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @KeithPaul on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- 4 Ways to Enhance SEO with Social Listening January 11, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- This is your Drupal dream job August 14, 2013
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- sqiarbi: SQIAR (http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/t...
- The Social Customer Manifesto | Talking ’bout my motivation: […] a request for further information, or it...
- To Engage Customers, You Need to Inform, Connect and Motivate | Total Web Design: […] for further information, or it can be a ...
- jpruohisto: We have been developing a model and tool for swarm...
- Study shows 85% of social media marketing spend is wasted | Inside Swipp: […] (likes, followers, etc.) and not enough ...