Social media can be a great meeting place for businesses and their customers. If you’ve been paying attention to the social space lately, you’ll see a common thread: companies trying to figure out how to connect with customers (and potential customers!). email
Archive | Social Media Marketing RSS feed for this section
There are a few social media monitoring tools out there these days. You get the basics out of tools like Facebook’s Insights or LinkedIn’s company page statistics. There’s a variety of good tools from many vendors offering more than the basics. And then there’s some being bought up by the likes of IBM, Cisco and Oracle. [...]
Setting the stage to do social well in any organization is no small feat. Setting the stage inside a mature company that’s largely new to marketing is yet another. I have a dual mandate here at Rocket, both daunting and exhilarating. First things first… I’m tasked with fixing a broken online presence. Our web site [...]
Social media adoption remains a hot topic with the business crowd. While larger companies like IBM, Oracle and EMC are doing well in extending customer interactions into the social space, others are just getting started.
So there’s been a lot of hashtaggery of late. We’ve seen usage spread virally and organically around things like social upheaval, natural disasters, the Olympics and a multitude of marketing campaigns. But what do they all mean? Should I even pay attention to them?
ROI eludes many folks in the social media space. Not because social marketeers aren’t able to, it’s just damn difficult to assign cause and effect to a very organic and often nebulous activity.
Ever wonder where those fun Twitter hashtags started? Here’s a jazzy video lesson on the history of the hashtag from Paul Nowell a/k/a the @JazzTrombonist.
Planning a “social selling” strategy? I bet you’re already doing it. Here’s why. (Be sure to read through the end for a special bonus tip!)
UPDATED – It’s time for another round-up of interesting players in the social business space. Let’s focus on the varied and interesting listening-related startups out there, each taking a unique spin on how to leverage social media engagements. If your über-cool tool isn’t mentioned here, then by all means, give yourself a shout in comments [...]
Folks in the social analysis space have for years talked about the wide and varied number of Social Media Management Services (SMMS) or social listening platforms or social engagement platforms. Industry analyst Jeremiah Owyang has long predicted a unified social software stack. But what does it mean?
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @kemipa on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- Content + Social = Leads March 25, 2012
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- It seriously is all about your content [INFOGRAPHIC] January 27, 2013
- Lauren Clarke Bennett: I just saw him at the Boca Raton Resort on Tuesd...
- The Hashtag: A Symbol of Social Media | Justice for Journalists: [...] A humorous example of how online social medi...
- kemipa: mjbrender Thx Matt!...
- Tyronelwtfl: kemipa http://t.co/4XGSlEv12J12J...
- DanisaurusRex: That link doesn't say anything about Adam Sandler...