In any organization today, the journey to becoming (or maturing into) a truly social business is staggering. It’s like steering a giant ship, slow and steady. Too often, my frustrations in not being able to turn that ship on a dime mask the awesomesauce that’s happening all over the company. Here are three FOLLOW FRIDAY [...]
Archive | March, 2012
This week, a couple notable things happened in the pop culture world. Both ideas can be applied to your social listening and SEO strategies.
Your content is great, right? Right? At least so say your marketing managers. Let’s assume they’re correct. Your content is the shiz-nit. It’s great stuff, easy to understand, performs reasonably well on your web site, perhaps it’s also well-received by your sales org.
The words you’re about to read have been kicking around my shiny bald dome for some time now. I’ve been wanting to share this part of EMC’s social journey, but just haven’t had that ah-ha! moment to put our story into context. @Forrester’s Zach Hofer-Shall issued a timely rant yesterday asking, “Are you taking action?”
Not sure this is entirely true. Gamer? Where’s it getting that? Well, historically accurate as that looks like an original NES controller. Ahhh… hours and hours of Zelda back in the day.
“Influence” is a hot topic in social media circles. We’re constantly looking to understand who is influential to which conversations and how we can leverage those influencers’ voices with those conversations we’re most interested. Like much of social media today, measuring influence is a tough nut to crack.
EMC’s Direct Marketing team is looking for a socially-savvy, searchtastic individual to bring our SEM/SEO skills to notches unknown! This role will work with peeps and tweeps putting EMC’s online content in the eyes of of our audiences. You’ll work closely with me as well in synching up search with social listening. Awesome stuff!
Keith Paul has over 15 years of digital marketing experience ranging from the unique goals of institutions of higher education to the market-driven needs of Fortune 500 brands.
Follow @KeithPaul on Twitter
- Get blogging at #EMCworld 2012! April 2, 2012
- Forget listening. Are you taking action? March 22, 2012
- 12 listening tools you probably haven’t heard about June 21, 2012
- 4 Ways to Enhance SEO with Social Listening January 11, 2012
- How a Cross-Functional Team is Changing Social Engagement at EMC February 2, 2011
- This is your Drupal dream job August 14, 2013
- Becoming a social business May 9, 2013
- Are you aware of how (well) you engage? March 18, 2013
- Facebook Envy: social listening turned on its head February 20, 2013
- I’m a one-percenter. But what does that mean? February 12, 2013
- sqiarbi: SQIAR (http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/t...
- The Social Customer Manifesto | Talking ’bout my motivation: […] a request for further information, or it...
- To Engage Customers, You Need to Inform, Connect and Motivate | Total Web Design: […] for further information, or it can be a ...
- jpruohisto: We have been developing a model and tool for swarm...
- Study shows 85% of social media marketing spend is wasted | Inside Swipp: […] (likes, followers, etc.) and not enough ...